Egg Mapppas and Ari Pathiri , This is our family recipe ,Every Sunday umma used to make this for us, i used to wait eagerly for sunday
very soft Pathiri with Poached eggs in Coconut Gravy this was yummm and this is my all time favorite 🙂 This is an old pic , since i got many requests for this recipe i am posting this
Even though i personally feel i don’t make as good as my mum , still i love this 🙂
- Coconut-1 cup
- Fennel seeds/Perinjeerakam-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
- Small onions-2
- Green chili -1
- water for grinding into paste
- Mustard seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Small Onions-5 sliced
- Dry chili-2
- Curry leaves
- Salt as required
- In to a mixer add coconut, Fennel seeds,Turmeric, small onions and green chili , add little water and make a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan add oil into it.
- Put some mustard seeds and when it starts to crackle add fennel seeds, then add small onions shopped, curry leaves and dry chili.
- Reduce the flame and add the coconut paste we had prepared.
- Add salt and curry leaves. Add water and mix well. You may add more seasoning if needed(ie chilli powder)
- Now slowly crack the eggs into the curry, one by one. dont mix.
- close with a lid and let it simmer for few minutes,
- Then Turn the egg , so other side is also cooked
- Simmer for few minutes
- Switch off flame and serve
Serve with rice Pathiri. Serve hot.