This indeed my umma’s recipes , these recipe are simple to make and taste the best , very few ingredients and its all done ……
Fish cooked with drumsticks and sauted with masala coconut …… an apt recipe which works as a side dish with Rice
Here i have used Netholi , You can also use Prawns
Here goes the Recipe
Netholi Muringakka Thoren
- Netholi /Prawns- 1/2 kg cleaned well
- Small onions- 1 cup
- Green chili – 2
- Muringakka/Drumsticks – 3 cut into small pieces
- Coconut grated-2 cups
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Chili powder-1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves- few
- Mustard seeds – few
- Dry chili
- Grind together coconut, one green chili, little turmeric, and chili powder, 2 small onions and finally curry leaves, it should be coarsely ground .
- Clean the fish well , transfer it to a mud pot or heavy bottom pan
- Add small onions, drumsticks, green chili , salt and turmeric Mix well
- Add little water and let it cook in Medium Flame .
- Once The fish gets cook and water dries up , add the ground coconut mixture and close it with lid , then stir well , check for salt add if required.
- In another pan , heat some oil, add mustard seeds, dry chili and Curry leaves.
- Pour this on top of the Fish mixture and mix everything well
Netholi Muringakka Thoren Is ready
Serve Hot with Rice
Try it you will love it ❤