Here today i am giving you all a very simple Recipe , very popular and yummy dessert , there wont be anyone in the world who doesn’t love it . Today i am going to teach you to make Caramel custard . This is the Baked version , those who doesn’t have oven don’t worry the steamed method is also provided
the picture have really come out well and i really love them all 🙂
While making this pudding always keep note of the following
- Eggs Should be fresh
- Do not Over beat eggs
- Milk should be room temperature (Boiled and cooled properly)
- Proper oven Pre heating
- Water bath setup
- Caramelize sugar properly
- Cooling time
Lets start with the cooking things you need
Baking Method –>Oven , A rectangular tray , A square/oval tin that fits inside the first tray , water for water Bath
Steaming Method —> Gas stove, Steamer , Round or any shape tin that fits inside
Cooking tools —> Bowl , Balloon whisker
Preparation : Baking method
- Pre heat oven at 170 deg c
- Prepare the small tin , by greasing with butter
Preparation : Steaming Method
- Get you steamer ready
- Prepare the tin by greasing it
- Keep some aluminum foil ready for covering your pudding
Now lets move on to the ingredients and Method
- Milk- 2 1/2 cups (500 ml)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs- 4
- Vanilla Essence -1/2 tsp
- Milk Powder-2 tsp
- Sugar for Making Caramel- 1/4 cup
- In a pan add 1/4 cup , heat it in medium flame
- add few drops of water (do not add to much)
- Initially it takes little time to bubble up and change color
- always keep an eye , once sugar changes its color to light brown switch off flame and transfer to greased tin
- Now shake the tin well so that the caramel spreads to all place, it hardens very fast. this step should be done very fast
- Keep this aside and prepare the custard
- In a clean bowl add eggs one by one
- Add sugar to it and beat well
- Once sugar starts to blend well with egg slowly add milk
- Once milk is added mix slowly, do not beat hard.
- Add in milk powder and vanilla essence
- Strain the mixture and transfer to prepared caramel tin
If using Baking method
We use Water bath Method (Check the image given below )
Image Source: Google
Add Hot water to the lower tin and keep the custard tin on top of the rectangular tin . keep it in the pre heated oven 170 deg c for around 30 to 40 mins .
To check whether cooked properly insert a small knife if it comes out clean its ready else bake for some more time
Once baked remove the custard slowly from the water bath and let it cool down.
once cooled completely transfer to a plate and serve
Add water to the bottom of the steamer , keep the steamer on high flame and let it start boiling.
once it start to boil lower the heat to minimum.
Cover the custard tin with foil keep the custard tin on to the second layer of the steamer.
This will take approximately 45 min. to check whether it is cooked slowly remove the foil and insert a knife and check, if it comes out clean the custard is ready .
Let it cool down , only transfer to plate once completely cooled
Tasty and Yummy Caramel Custard is ready
Try it you will love it ❤